Friday, July 2, 2010

Live and Learn

It's been quite a while since I've posted... lots of life going on and not much time for this. In my last post, I was mulling my professional choices. I decided to test for that smaller local agency and made the list. They're planning to hire 4 people and have already hired two, with another to be hired in September and the 4th in January.

While it's difficult for me to keep my pride and ego from being bruised because I feel like I'm the most qualified, experienced officer available to them, I really do believe that whatever happens is for the best.

In the meantime, I've learned a lot about the people around me in the last few months. People who I thought were loyal friends turned out to be less than and people who I thought were backstabbers have surprised me in a good way. Just a reminder that people are completely unpredictable and really can not be fully trusted, especially when looking out for themselves.

I just learned that one of my best friends was promoted to the "big boys" and will be working Major Cases.  She's a former street cop in a really shitty town and has even more experience than I do. I'm so very happy for her, she's definitely earned it.

I also learned that a colleague figured out that I am the author of this blog... Hi, Sgt. Cuffs!!

Another fun accomplishment earned this summer was completion of the Warrior Dash (5k trail run w/obstacles like cargo net climb, mud pits, fire..). It was more fun than I've ever had and I'm definitely going back next year... here are a few pics:


Little hot here...


Post-Dash smiles... Happy Warrior


We earned our free beers


Finisher's medal


All in all a fantastic experience. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a fun challenge. Go to www.warriordash.com for details.













No comments:

Post a Comment