Saturday, February 27, 2010

Healthier.... ugh

Alright, so I'm back in the gym and eating better. I have cut down from up to 5 Pepsis a day to one 8 ounce cup of fountain Coke on the days I work. I've stopped eating Pizza every day. In fact, in the past 2 weeks, I've had exactly 2 slices. I hate it.

But, I feel better. Remarkably so. I joined a new gym that has CrossFit classes, which I love. For those of you who do not know what CrossFit is, try these links: CrossFit Brand XCrossFit.com, or CrossFit Review in NY Times. The thing I like most about CrossFit (aside from the very challenging and ever-changing workouts) is that CrossFit is as tough as you are willing to make it. All of the criticism in the the NY Times article strike me as being borne out of the mistakes of people who pushed too far. There's pushing yourself to improve and pushing yourself to your own destruction. The important thing is knowing where that line is.

I haven't been on a scale in the last few weeks - SCALES ARE MY ENEMY. Instead, I'm judging my progress on how strong I feel and how my clothes fit. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment