Friday, November 20, 2009

Divorce still sucks, just not as bad

So the Ex and I had our mediation appointment yesterday. I knew it wasn't going to be a big fight - we've been in agreement since the beginning about what is important (B) and what isn't (everything else). The only thing either of us was concerned about was whether or not we were going to have to waste our time talking about shit that we'd already agreed upon and how much it was going to cost.

Fortunately, I somehow stumbled upon the only reasonable mediator in the area. She only charged us $20 and didn't make us go over anything once we explained how things have been going.

Add to that the fact that I somehow got out of a parking ticket from the local parking nazis (NEVER happens. They're the only city department that is self-sufficient. They CLEARED over $2 million dollars in profit last year). Don't ask me how... all I did was smile and say good morning. Didn't flash my badge, didn't complain, and he ripped up the ticket and told me to have a great day.

Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment