Friday, January 15, 2010

It's been awhile...

I know, I know... I haven't posted in awhile. Sorry. But I needed a vacation. So a friend and I went to a tiny little Caribbean island for sun and sand. It was amazing. I've been to Jamaica and it couldn't hold a candle to this place. Not "touristy" at all, nobody bothered us. All the beaches were a part of a Game Reserve, so in order to get to them, there was a drive down a dirt road and usually a decent hike involved but man, was it worth it. For the entire week, I only saw other people on a beach I was on once, and then it was a family of 4. Pictures, you ask? Of course!! I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to make you all jealous.
The most beautiful beach I've ever seen.


 
I read this in the local paper over breakfast one morning. I didn't think it possible, but it made me enjoy paradise just that much more knowing how bad it was sucking at home.
 A little rainstorm rolling in.
 
And, on my way back, TSA became VERY interested in the black sand I had packed in my carry on. This is a pic of when they were testing it for hidden narcotics. I laughed the whole time. ***Note to self: when being a stupid tourist and bringing black sand back from secluded Caribbean paradise, put it in your checked luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment